ISBN-13: 978-0323528948ISBN-10: 0323528945
- UNIQUE! A ‘social justice’ approach promotes health for all people, including vulnerable populations.
- UNIQUE! ‘Upstream’ preventive focus addresses factors that are the precursors to poor health in the community, addressing potential health problems before they occur.
- Case Studies present the theory, concepts, and application of the nursing process in practical and manageable examples.
- UNIQUE! Photo novellas use photographs to tell stories showing real-life clinical scenarios and applications of important community health nursing roles.
- Application of the nursing process at the individual, family, and aggregate levels highlights the community perspective in all health situations
- Clinical examples offer snippets of real-life client situations.
- Theoretical frameworks common to nursing and public health aid in the application of familiar and new theory bases to problems and challenges in the community.
- Healthy People 2020 boxes include the most current national health care objectives.
- Research Highlights boxes show the application of research studies to the practice of community nursing.
- Ethical Insights boxes highlight ethical issues and concerns that the community/public health nurse may encounter.
- Objectives, key terms, and chapter outlines at the beginning of every chapter introduce important concepts and terminology.
- NEW AND UNIQUE!A Veterans Health chapter presents situations and considerations unique to the care of veterans.
- NEW! Genetics in Public Health boxes reflect increasing scientific evidence supporting the health benefits of using genetic tests and family health history to guide public health interventions.
- NEW! Active Learning boxes test your knowledge of the content you’ve just read, helping provide clinical application and knowledge retention.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.